Converting LPG and Natural Gas Appliances
You may have to convert your appliance from natural gas to LPG (propane) or from LPG (propane) to natural gas. How can you do it and what is involved?
- Gas appliances are manufactured for use with only one gas and will not work safely with the other gas.
- LPG (propane) and Natural Gas appliances are not interchangeable — they must be converted.
- However, you can convert LPG to Natural Gas and vice versa.
- Manufacturers typically provide kits with the parts and instructions required to convert from one gas to another.
- Never attempt to connect a gas appliance to the wrong type of gas, since it can be extremely hazardous.
- Gas appliances conversions should only be done by qualified technicians.
The technicians at First Choice Appliance are trained and experienced with converting LPG and Natural Gas appliances. So far, we have converted and installed multiple gas appliances. Give us a call (208) 610-3770 to schedule your appliance conversion appointment today!