A dishwasher is a wonderful appliance that helps to make our lives easier by cleaning dishes and utensils efficiently. However, over time, the dishwasher itself can become dirty, which can cause it to perform poorly or even break down. Regular cleaning of your dishwasher is essential to keep it in good condition and ensure that it continues to work efficiently. Here’s a guide on how to clean a dishwasher:
- Empty the dishwasher. The first step in cleaning your dishwasher is to remove any dishes or utensils from the dishwasher. Check the dishwasher racks and remove any food particles, debris or other items that may have fallen into the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Clean the spray arms. The spray arms in your dishwasher are responsible for distributing water throughout the dishwasher. Over time, they can become clogged with food particles and other debris, which can reduce their effectiveness. To clean the spray arms, remove them from the dishwasher and rinse them under running water. Use a toothbrush or a small brush to remove any debris that is stuck in the spray arm holes.
- Clean the filters. Dishwashers have filters that help to remove food particles and other debris from the water. These filters can become clogged over time, which can cause your dishwasher to perform poorly. To clean the filters, remove them from the dishwasher and rinse them under running water. Use a toothbrush or a small brush to remove any debris that is stuck in the filter.
- Clean the dishwasher door and gasket. The dishwasher door and gasket can accumulate dirt, grime, and food particles over time. To clean them, use a damp cloth to wipe them down. If there is any debris stuck in the gasket, use a toothbrush or a small brush to remove it.
- Run a cleaning cycle. Many dishwashers have a cleaning cycle that is designed to clean the dishwasher. To run the cleaning cycle, refer to your dishwasher manual for specific instructions. Alternatively, you can add a cup of white vinegar to the bottom of the dishwasher and run a normal cycle. The vinegar will help to remove any build-up and odors from the dishwasher.
- Maintain the dishwasher. To prevent the dishwasher from becoming dirty in the future, it is essential to maintain it regularly. This includes wiping down the dishwasher after each use, removing any food particles, and running a cleaning cycle every few months.
In conclusion, regular cleaning of your dishwasher is essential to keep it in good condition and ensure that it continues to work efficiently. By following the above steps, you can clean your dishwasher quickly and easily, which will help it to last longer and save you money in the long run.
–First Choice Appliance team